scroll down for more
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP AT FALKIRK GOLF CLUB
* We have some of the best practice facilities in the region with 2 practice ranges, 2 short game areas, 2 other putting greens, practice net and teaching bay shed
* We have a great 18-hole golf course which is playable all year round in all but the most extreme weather conditions. Also we have a par 3, 9 hole acadamy course.
* You will meet many like-minded people and make many new friends.
* We are a forward thinking club with a 5-year Strategic Plan for continuous improvement.
* Becoming a member will allow you to enter Open competition's.
* The club organises an extensive programme of social events.
* Annual subscriptions can be paid monthly or annually. We provide concessions for juniors and young adults.
* You can obtain a valid handicap that will allow you to play anywhere in the world.
* As a club member you will find that you are more likely to be welcomed at other clubs.
* If other members of your family play, they can join you. Golf is a game all the family can enjoy together. We have a thriving Junior Academy, and great value Junior memberships.
* As a member, you can invite friends to play, they will get a preferential visitors' rate.
* You can play social golf with other members, or enter club strokeplay competitions which are laid on almost every week of the year in a variety of formats. Annually, the club runs individual and pairs knockout competitions, and there is an opportunity to put your name forward to represent the club in team competitions.
* You will receive discount on food and drinks in the clubhouse.
* Our excellent bar staff will quickly get to know you and might start pouring your drink when you walk into the clubhouse.
* If you enjoy volunteering and contributing, there are opportunities to get involved with the members Council.
* We have excellent changing facilities, locker room and bathroom facilities.
* We have ample parking capacity, even on the busiest days.
THE ASSOCIATION OF JAMES BRAID COURSES
Falkirk Golf Club is part of the THE ASSOCIATION OF JAMES BRAID COURSES this gives you access to other participating James Braid Golf Courses,
The Association of James Braid Courses started in 2009, the association has now attracted over a three hundred member clubs from the north of Scotland, to Ireland, Wales, all areas of England and one in New York. A full list of members is attached.
Courses either have to have been designed by Braid or redesigned or altered by him to be eligible to join. In the course of his life he was involved in designing or redesigning 411 courses, of these courses 39 are now defunct and 6 were plans only.
He was also the Professional at Romford for eight years and from 1904 till his death in 1950 at Walton Heath. In addition he won the Open five times, plus numerous other competitions, formed the PGA with Taylor and Vardon and is credited with inventing the ‘dogleg’.
The advantages of being a member of the association is that the members of the clubs, can play at all the other member clubs for reduced green fee, subject to tee availability, thereby hopefully increasing the awareness of Braid’s work and of course the man himself.
click the link to find out all the details